FOR PUPILS, STUDENTS AND ALUMNI
Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. recognizes and respects the right to data privacy of your child and values the confidentiality of his/her personal information. As an institution, we aim to comply with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA). The school considers the data privacy rights of your child to be as equally important as our obligation to ensure that our interests and responsibilities as an educational institution are fully and effectively met.
This policy addresses the following:
A. Information We Collect
Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. collects the personal data of your child during admission and enrollment. We also generate personal information about your child during the entire duration of his/her stay with us. These information may come in various forms, such as: manual and digital records, photographic and video images, and CCTV footages.
1. Personal Information that we collect during Admission and Enrollment
Upon application and enrollment, Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. collects directory/contact information such as name, birthday, age, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and other contact details. We also collect data about your child's personal circumstances, such as parents' basic and contact information, previous school/s attended, academic performance, discipline/behavioral record, medical record, etc.
2. Personal Information that we gather/generate during your child's stay in Manresa School
As your child integrates himself/herself into the educative community, we may also collect additional information about him/her, such as, but not limited to: (1) Learner's Reference Number (LRN); (2) academic performance; (3) attendance records; (4) Christian Living and Personality Growth Evaluation (CLPGE); (5) participation in outreach activities, programs, competitions, field trips, recollections/retreats, seminars/fora; (6) membership or officership in interest clubs and/or organizations; (7) any disciplinary incident that he/she may get involved in, including the accompanying sanction; (8) counselling reports and anecdotal records; (9) medical and dental records; and (10) mode of transportation. The school may also acquire photographic or video images of your child during official activities where he/she has participated in. Such images will only be acquired through the official documentation of school activities and/or CCTV footages installed within the school campus.
Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. collects only those personal information that are necessary and compatible with declared, specified and legitimate purpose.
B. How We Use the Information We Collect
The personal information that we collect are used to deliver the best educational services for our students and to pursue our interests as an educational institution. These personal information can be accessed and used by the administrators and personnel of the following offices: Registrar, Principal, Assistant Principal, Subject Area Coordinators, Student Activity Coordinator, Guidance, Clinic, Discipline, Security, Information Technology, and Accounting for various academic, administrative, historical and statistical purposes. The amount of information shared to each office is dependent on the nature and function of the particular office. The class advisers and subject teachers are also provided with students' personal information.
The personal information that we collect may be used for the following purposes:
1. Evaluating applications for admission;
2. Recording and maintaining students' academic progress through students' output like: formative tests, long tests, check-up tests, mastery tests, performance tasks, etc.;
3. Recording and maintaining records of students' Christian Living and Personality Growth Evaluation (CLPGE), class attendance, participation and co-curricular and extra-curricular activities;
4. Sharing of grades and other personal circumstances between and among faculty members during deliberations for CLPGE, and Honors and Awards, etc.;
5. Investigating disciplinary incidents;
6. Generating and keeping reports of in-house evaluations, surveys, and researches;
7. Providing services such as medical, dental, insurance, library, guidance and counseling, pastoral accompaniment, information technology, transportation, and security and safety;
8. Soliciting parents' support as resource persons in various talks/seminars that the school may organize;
9. Communicating official school announcements through the school's communication system;
10. Sharing advertising and promotional materials regarding school-related activities, projects, or achievements;
11. Publication of names of graduating students in the graduation program and other personal information in the yearbook; and
12. Maintaining alumni directories and records.
If processing of personal data is necessary for purposes not specified above, Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. shall obtain your permission for such specific purpose.
C. Disclosing and Sharing the Information We Collect
Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. discloses/shares information to government agencies like the Department of Education, Department of Health (through the City Health Office), Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC) and National Privacy Commission (NPC) where sharing is allowed and required by law.
For instances not required but permissible by law, the school shares/discloses personal data for the following purposes:
1. Posting of class lists at the beginning of the school year in bulletin boards within the school campus;
2. Posting of class lists on the school's official website one week prior until one week after the official start of the school year;
3. Sharing of information with the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) for accreditation purposes;
4. Sharing of information with private entities or organizations e.g. Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP), Iloilo Private Schools Athletic Association for participation in academic, literary, musical, socio-cultural, or sports events and competitions;
5. Sharing of information with ARALINKS Technology;
6. Sharing of information with the Global Resources for Assessment Curriculum and Evaluation (GRACE) for the processing of Diagnostic, Aptitude, Career and other tests.
7. Publishing academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements in the school's General Information Board (GIB), school publication, tarpaulins, and official school website; and
8. Sharing of directory information to the Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. Parents' and Teachers' Association, Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. Alumni Association (CHJAI).
Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. requires all employees to treat all personal information that they are handling and/or processing with utmost respect, maintaining strict confidentiality and secrecy.
Whenever the school avails the services of third party service providers and/or Personal Information Controllers (PIC) such as ARALINKS, GRACE, GECKO, etc., the school shall execute a Data Sharing Agreement with the respective service provider and PIC. Their Data Retention and Disposal mechanisms shall form part of such agreement.
D. Storage, Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
Students' personal information are stored in paper and/or electronic formats. A database is utilized for the secured sharing of information among different authorized offices (Registrar, Accounting, Guidance, Clinic, and Discipline). The use of personal data shall never be excessive and will always be in accordance with the school's identified legitimate purpose.
Unless provided by law, students' personal information are retained/archived indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes. These records are securely stored in the archives room of the school. When necessary due to provisions indicated in a law or school policy, Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. shall dispose of any student records securely.
E. Rights Under the Data Privacy Act
Under the Data Privacy Act, every pupil/student/alumnus of Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. as a data subject is entitled to the following rights:
1. The right to be informed the right to know that his/her personal data shall be, are being or have been processed;
2. The right to object the right to object or withhold consent to the processing of his/her personal data by the school in certain circumstances;
3. The right to access the right of a data subject to gain reasonable access to his/her personal data;
4. The right to correct the right to dispute any inaccuracy or error in his/her personal data and request the school to correct it immediately, unless the request is unreasonable;
5. The right to rectification, erasure or blocking the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his/her personal data. (This will only apply where there is no legitimate reason for the school to continue the processing of personal data. There will usually be a requirement for the school to keep a basic student record indefinitely.);
6. The right to damages the right to be indemnified for any damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of his/her rights as a data subject; and
7. The right to data portability the right to obtain from Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. a copy of the data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format and allows for further use by the data subject.
Should a parent/guardian, on behalf of his/her child/ward exercise his/her right under the DPA, Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc. shall address the matter in accordance with the same law.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, Inc.
Ledesma St., Iloilo City
F. Updates and Effectivity